10 Tricks to Help Your Child Remember Tricky Math
As the best search portal that helps you find the best preschool in Pune, and the best Montessori schools in Mumbai, Tiny Chaps, along with helping you reach the caretakers of your child while you are away, would also want to help your child with 10 tricks that would help him/ her remember tricky mathematics. Keep reading.
As against the common myth that says a mathematician is born, we firmly believe that mathematicians aren’t born, but could be made. Mathematics for many appears disinteresting, and therefore, complex. But, did you know mathematics isn’t as complex! How? With some great magic tricks that would simplify mathematics, and moreover interesting! So, here are 10 interesting tricks that would help your child turn better at mathematics.
10 Magical Tricks to Help your Child Remember the Tricky Mathematics!
1. Doubles Facts: This involves additions wherein a number is added to itself. For instance, 1+1, 2+2 and so on. This helps in developing the digital fluency required in adding single digit numbers.
2. Representing Multiplication: This can be done in a playful manner, and help children understand the fact that multiplication is a way to add more than one group of the same number time and again. So, for instance, if you want to teach your child the answer to 4X5, ask him to arrange 4 groups of 5 blocks each to seek the answer.
3. Count by Fives: Show your child that by keeping track of his fingers of how many times he has counted by 5, he will seek the answer for every 5 problem. So, for example, if he has counted by five until 25, he will have held 5 fingers, which is equal to 5X5.
4. Multiplying the number by Zero: Multiplying any number by zero is equal to zero, and not the number that preceded zero. You must help your child understand the fact that zero group of anything is zero, to further realize that the preceding number disappears.
5. Zero at the End! : Ask and help your child to write the 10s table to let him realize a pattern that every number, when multiplied with 10, ends with a zero at the end.
6. Doubling the Product: Let your child write the 2s table in one column and the 4s table in the other. The magic here is that of the product is the doubles doubled. For instance, if 4X2=8, then 4X4=16!
7. Magic Fives (1):Now this is interesting! Let your child write down the 5s facts that include even numbers to discover a pattern, which shows that the product is exactly half the number that is multiplied by 5, with a zero at the end. For example, 5X2=10 and then 5X4=20, 5X6=30. Half of 2 is 1, and 4 is 2 and 6 is 3!
8. Magic Fives (2): Your child could find this complicated, but at the end it is fun. Write 5s table in odd numbers, and subtract 1 from the number that is multiplied by 5, and then divide it into half, and place the digit 5 after it, the resultant number if the answer that results after actually multiplying the original number with 5. For instance, 5X5=25. Now, calculate 5-1, and then divide the resultant 4 into half to get the answer as 2, and then place a 5 in front of 2. The answer, as you see, is 25!
9. Finger Mathematics: This is a bit lengthy, yet interesting! Place your hands face down and consider the left fingers as the numbers 1 to 5, and the right ones, 6 to 10. Fold finger number 3. Remember, 9X3=36, and then look at your hands, to discover that there 2 fingers adjacent to the bent finger, and 7 fingers to the right, which makes it 2 and 7 i.e. 27!
10. Doubling: This involves any single digit number, if multiplied by 11, would result in the double appearance of the same number. For instance, 11X5=55, 11X2=22.
These tricks children learn from pre schools. Right from searching preschools in Mumbai to searching for them in Pune, Tiny Chaps helps with everything! Try it out, and get your child the best preschool..